Sunday, January 21, 2007

It was an exciting game to say the least...

Okay, so I went to my sister's to watch the playoffs, Colts versus the Patriots. A match up that usually end with the Colts blowing their chance at the Super Bowl, but why not, besides she was making meatballs.

The game hasn't started yet and I'm sitting on the sofa and I decide I'd like a drink of my punch. I pick up my glass and in the humorous way that's been happening to me quite frequently lately, the glass slides up through my hands, into the air, turns itself upside down and dumps punch all over me and the sofa.

Fine, I didn't really want to watch the playoffs anyway. I don't really like football and the Colts are gonna blow it anyway. Since I happen to know that my only other clean jeans are still in the washing machine I tell Karl I'm just gonna go home. He decides to walk with me. (We live less than a block from Lora.) We get home and he looks so sad that I decide I'll just wear my fleecey PJ bottoms (it's only family at Lora's anyway) and go back with him.

Go back to Lora's. Start watching the game, decide I need another sandwich from the kitchen and that Mel (Lora's dog) needs to come out of the front room because she's getting over excited. Tempt her into the dining room with a piece of summer sausage and she bites me, hard, when she jumps up to take it out of my hand.

So I go off to cry a liitle and pull myself together. Come back, sit down watch the game, it's very exciting the Colts are getting their asses kicked, and everything's fine for about 20 minutes...

Then Mel comes bounding into the living room, throws herself into my legs as hard as she can, flops on the floor and proceeds to rabbit kick me in the shins three or four times. I would have left but I was afraid if I went outside I'd get plowed down by a bus...Besides Baylee chose the next moment to come over and sit on my lap.

I'm trying not to be miserable but...Baylee trips over my foot getting off my lap and kinda twists my ankle around. Whee!!!

However the game is getting better. The Colts may not be completely humiliated after all. So I spill another glass of punch. At least it's on the floor and not me...

Now the game is getting really exciting. The score is tied. Tied! Wait! the Patriots score a field goal, shit...Come on Payton (or however you spell his name) come on...get the ball, get the ball...OH MY GOD!!! Oh my God!!! The Colts have scored a touchdown!!! Okay just gotta run out the clock...Shi,t the Pats have the ball stop him STOP HIM!!! Interception!!! INTERCEPTION!!! The Colts are going to the Super Bowl!!!

Everyone is jumping up and screaming and clapping and hugging and cheering. My husband looks at me and jokingly says "Ready to go home?" I laugh and say "Just let me gather my stuff." So he flops back onto the sofa next to me and elbows me in the eye...

hard.

But hey, the Colts are going to the Super Bowl, so I guess it was all worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home